This message was sent to all students on June 25, 2020.
As we continue to plan our return to campus for fall semester, Lake-Sumter State College remains committed to protecting the health and safety of our students, employees, and campus visitors. Our fall semester schedule was built with this mind while also remaining committed to the high-quality instruction you expect from LSSC.
We will continue offering four types of course delivery methods to maximize our online course offerings, maintain our instructional quality, allow interaction with instructors and peers, and reduce the campus population density.
The vast majority of courses this fall will have an online component. Generally, science labs, math, and nursing courses will also have an on-campus component. Some Lineworker/EDT and Relay Tech courses will be taught on campus.
Although many of our courses will be online, our campuses will be open this fall. In addition to the virtual services we have been offering, we will resume student and academic support services on campus. For those students who come to campus, LSSC is developing new policies to reduce the spread of COVID-19 that may change how some services are offered.
We will be providing all students with additional information on these policies over the next several weeks. Some of the changes you can expect to see are physical distancing requirements, reduced building and room capacities, more appointment-based services, and the use of cloth face coverings.
We know these are challenging times for many and hope that our flexible course schedule options for Fall semester allow you to remain focused on your academic goals in addition to your other priorities.
We are committed to our Lakehawk community and encourage any student experiencing distress or looking for additional support to contact us at email@example.com for assistance. Together, we are #LakehawkStrong.
Course Delivery Methods
- Traditional Online Courses – An online course with no scheduled meeting times and students complete work individually.
- Real-Time Online Courses – An online course that requires student attendance at virtual class meetings designated on the course schedule and in the syllabus.
- Hybrid Courses – A hybrid class blends online and face-to-face on campus delivery of the course content and instruction. A substantial proportion of the content is delivered online.
- Fully Seated – Course content and instruction is delivered in-person on campus.
How do I identify different course types?
- Search by Instructional Method: Using the course schedule search, you can search by online, hybrid, or fully seated course type to see only courses of that type.
- Traditional vs Real-Time Online: Traditional online courses have no building or room number listed in the course schedule search. Real-Time Online courses will have meeting days and times listed.
- Hybrid & Fully Seated: These courses will have a building, room number, meeting days, and times listed on the course schedule search. The syllabus provided by your instructor will provide additional details on required course meetings.