In advance of the fall semester beginning on August 24, Lake-Sumter State College will begin a limited reopening of its campuses for student services on Monday, July 27.
Over the next three weeks, the College will add additional in-person student support hours as it returns to full service operations.
“As we continue to adapt to this new reality, we are looking forward to welcoming students back to our campuses,” says Dr. Stan Sidor, President of LSSC. “We remain committed to the health and safety of our community and our mission of student success.”
Following the College’s phased reopening plan, employees returned to campus on July 13 to prepare campuses to operate under updated health and safety protocols.
As part of our new COVID-19 Aware Campus, Lake-Sumter State College is implementing a flexible learning environment and campus experience designed to keep our community safe, ensure access and quality for our students, and move us forward on our goals for our community.
For maximum flexibility for students, nearly 85% of fall courses will be offered through remote learning. The remaining courses will be offered in a hybrid online/on-campus model allowing for online instruction and labs and other practical experiences to be offered on campus. A limited number of courses in programs requiring hands-on training, such as electric utility lineworker, will be offered fully on campus.
Current LSSC students and future students can come to campus for assistance with enrollment, financial aid, course registration, and any other questions. LSSC is also offering this support virtually, including daily Ask Us Anything drop-in sessions. Visit www.lssc.edu/virtualcampus for hours of operation, addresses, and contact information.
LSSC In-Person Service Hours – Week of July 27
- July 27: 11am – 3pm at South Lake Campus & 3pm – 6pm at Sumter Center
- July 28: 11am – 3pm at Leesburg Campus
- July 29: 11am – 3pm at South Lake Campus & 3pm – 6pm at Sumter Center
- July 30: 11am – 3pm at Leesburg Campus
In-person hours will be expanded as necessary to meet the needs of our students and community. Please check www.lssc.edu/virtualcampus weekly to see the expanded service hours.
In support of the COVID-19 Aware Campus, the following measures have been put into place to protect the health and safety of our community members:
- Required face coverings for all students, employees, and visitors to campus
- Regular and frequent cleaning and sanitization of all campus facilities with a focus on high-touch areas
- Implement student and employee COVID-19 infection and exposure reporting procedures
- Implement measures for physical distancing in all classrooms, offices, service areas, and learning spaces
- Reduce campus population density from normal operations
- Mandatory training for students and employees on all health and safety protocols put into place
Full details of the College’s Return to Campus plan is available at www.lssc.edu/returntocampus.
Students interested in enrolling for Fall semester, can apply online at www.lssc.edu until Friday, August 7. LSSC offers an academic experience that rivals the state’s universities at half the cost.