Hello, Lakehawks! Happy New Year & welcome to Spring 2022!
We are excited to welcome you back for another new semester at Lake-Sumter State College. As we kick off the new year and new semester, there’s a couple updates that you should know. Please take a couple minutes to review the information in this message.
Have a great first week, Lakehawks!
LAKEHAWK ACCOUNTS – Logging into myLSSC, email, Canvas, etc.
The upgrades and security improvements to Lakehawk Accounts was completed over the winter break. Your password did not change. You will need to clear your cache OR use a private/incognito window in your browser to log into LSSC services. Follow these instructions to clear your cache: https://www.lssc.edu/faq/clearing-your-browser-cache/
The first time you log in, you will also be asked to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) to help secure your account. To set up MFA, you will be asked to provide a cell phone number or personal email address as a second layer of protection for your account. This information will only be used for account login purposes. You can also use the Microsoft Authenticator app on your Apple or Android devices instead of or in addition to phone or email verifications.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR SPRING // PROTECT THE NEST
We continue to remind everyone that we are all responsible to #ProtectTheNest. Our safety protocols are in place to protect the health and safety of everyone on our campuses, and every person on our campus has a responsibility to help protect the health and safety of themselves and others. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or were exposed to someone positive for COVID-19, do not come to campus and complete a COVID-19 Report at www.lssc.edu/covid19report.
Spring 2022 Protocols in Place (as of 1/10/2022)
- Use of face masks – Masks are encouraged for all students, employees, and visitors to campus
- Classroom Density – Modified classroom capacities as appropriate
- Campus Services & Offices – Standard capacities, virtual services also available
- Symptom Self-Monitoring – Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Report symptoms or exposures.
- Campus Events – No restrictions on campus events following applicable CDC guidelines, externally hosted events reviewed individually
- Travel – No specific restrictions, follow any applicable CDC travel guidelines
ASK US ANYTHING – LIVE SUPPORT VIA ZOOM
Remember that if you have questions about enrollment processes, financial aid, fee payments, course registration, logging into your Lakehawk account, advising, dual enrollment, and more stop in our LIVE Zoom sessions for help. Click the text next to the LIVE button on any page at www.lssc.edu to get started.
Staff are available today from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm for the first day of classes. Standard AUA hours are 10-12 and 2-4 daily, Monday-Friday. Visit www.lssc.edu/aua for a schedule and more details.