- Strong personal connections – strong focus on teamwork in all courses
- Personal responsibility – integrity in work; professionalism
- Student success – utilization of school resources, ask for help early, schedule advising every semester
- Projects and presentations – application of knowledge, theory and skills; relevant assignments to real-world situations:
- Profit and loss through statistical analysis
- Conflict resolution
- Ethical problem solving
- High academic expectations – higher level of writing skills and research; development of portfolio
The program has
The BAS-SL program is flexible and uses self-paced learning so that students can start in any semester. Students can opt to take classes on a part-time or full-time basis with classes ranging from 7-week/mini-
Core courses are fully online to accommodate various working schedules.
120 credits total (60 for AS and 60 for BAS), 42 credits of baccalaureate level BAS-SL coursework and 18 credits of professional support courses.
BAS-SL students should check with their current employer to see if they offer tuition assistance or tuition reimbursement opportunities. If available, have your employer contact the LSSC Business Services office at 352-323-3676 for more information.
The LSSC Foundation also offers scholarships to LSSC students, including some scholarships specifically for BAS-SL students. You can learn more about these opportunities on the Foundation Scholarships page.
Tuition is billed per credit hour. Current tuition prices are available on the Tuition & Fees page. Please note that those prices do not include any additional course fees or the cost of textbooks.
The online BAS-SL orientation has been built within the first class of the program (MAN 3240: Organizational Behavior).
Yes, students must fulfill the foreign language requirement before earning the BAS-SL degree. You can work towards this requirement while enrolled in the program.
Applicantwill receive acknowledgementwithin 3-5 business days of application submission
- BAS-SL Team meets to review paperwork of applicant – transcripts, qualifying classes, GPA, etc.
Applicantwill receive an email of acceptance/denial and next steps, including Florida residency documentation
- Mandatory advising appointment with BAS-SL advisor to review class schedule (in-person or online)
- Completion of an A.A/A.S. or has obtained 60 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution (without a degree) and has the 15 general education pre-requisite courses needed for eligibility
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Completion of online application and $30 application fee
- Submission of high school and college/university transcripts
Career entry and advancement opportunities may be found within the public, private, and not-for-profit organizations, including the healthcare industry and the criminal justice system.
This degree provides practical and applicable preparation for leadership positions in any field. The program explores the structure of an organization including: personnel team development, profit and loss through statistical analysis, conflict resolution, and ethical problem solving.