Lake-Sumter State College offers full tutoring services both in-person and online. Here’s an overview of the services that we offer that are related to tutoring:
Tutors are on hand to provide tutoring assistance for any class you are in. Our student tutors will know the material you are covering because they have taken the same class you are in and know exactly what to expect.
In Person Tutoring
You can meet with a tutor in person at the Learning Center on Leesburg Campus and South Lake Campus.
If you can’t make it in-person for tutoring, you can use our Virtual Tutoring services available in Canvas.
The Lending Library, located in the Learning Center allows students to borrow textbooks for free. For students wishing to check out items for the summer session(s), please email the Learning Center Managers to check for availability of items:
South Lake: Asha Raghunauth: RaghunaA@LSSC.EDU
If you already have a calculator checked out and still need it for summer session, please let us know at the above email address(es).
Return books at any LSSC book drop:
- Leesburg-located next to the front door of the library’s main entrance
- South Lake-located near the Cooper Memorial Library side door (Drive-up or walk-up)
Please leave a note on the item (tape or place in an envelope) indicating your name and return date.
Other services offered at the Learning Center include:
- Laptops, tablets, and flash drives
- Science study area
In Center Resources
- Anatomical models
- Magnifying machinn with text magnification and reverse imaging
- Desktop Computers
- Magnifying Glass
- Computer Text Zoom
- Overhead projector
- White Boards
- Flash drives
- Probability manipulative (*LE)
- Social Studies
- English Dictionaries
- Spanish Dictionaries
- French Dictionaries (*LE)
- HESI Test prep
SAT & ACT Test prep
- CLEP Test prep
- Spanish Flash cards
- ASL Flash cards
- Microbiology Flash cards (*SL)
- Anatomy and Physiology Flash cards (*LE)
- Conference Area
- Tables with surface plugs (LE)