Guided by our data-informed approach, public health guidance, and input from our campus community, Lake-Sumter State College is implementing a flexible learning environment and campus experience designed to keep our community safe, ensure access and quality for our students, and move us forward on our goals for our community.
Health & Safety Measures
- Required face coverings for all students, employees, and visitors to campus
- Reduce campus population density from normal operations
- Provide hand sanitizer stations across campus
- Implement building control measures for physical distancing in all classrooms, offices, and learning spaces
- Limit large events, meetings, and gatherings
- Limit capacity on elevators
- Regular cleaning and sanitization of all campus facilities with a focus on high-touch areas, including tabletop surfaces, copiers, door knobs and handles, light switches, desks, toilets, sinks, and faucets
- Use of VIREX II 256 for all cleaning and sanitization, an EPA-approved bactericidal, virucidal, and fungicidal disinfectant cleaner
- Mandatory training on all health and safety protocols put into place
- LSSC is currently limiting any events to 50 people or less, with physical distancing and other health & safety measures in place. These restrictions may vary based on the setup of the event and specific needs.
- On-campus partners and their visitors are expected to abide by Lake-Sumter State College’s policies, including any changes made related to COVID-19
Charter Communications (Spectrum) and Comcast are both offering flexible packages, pricing, and promotions for households with students (K-12 and college).
Charter & Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots are open and now available for public use.
Local Childcare Options
Information on available childcare options can be obtained by contacting the Early Learning Coalition of Lake County at (352) 435-0566.
CareerSource Central Florida
CareerSource Central Florida (CSCF) services are currently being provided virtually as all locations are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19. Call 1-800-757-4598 for virtual assistance or visit the Coronavirus Support page for career seeker and employer resources.
CDC Information on COVID-19
Florida Department of Health (FLDOH) COVID-19 Information
FLDOH 24/7 Call Center: (866) 779-6121
Lake County Health Department: (352) 589-6424
Sumter County Health Department: (352) 569-3102
COVID-19 Testing Sites
The Florida Department of Health has an interactive map of testing locations across the state of Florida. These testing sites are free.
Eligible Floridians may pre-register for the COVID-19 vaccine and receive county-by-county information at https://myvaccine.fl.gov