Florida Department of Health (FLDOH) COVID-19 Information
FLDOH 24/7 Call Center: (866) 779-6121
COVID-19 Testing Sites
The Florida Department of Health – Lake County will conduct COVID-19 testing on LSSC’s Leesburg Campus on July 1, 2, and beginning July 6 until further notice. Drive-thru testing will occur in Lot A. Testing will begin at 9:00 am each day.
Protection and Prevention
While it’s unclear exactly how it’s transmitted, COVID-19 is thought to spread through person-to-person contact and through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Symptoms range from mild to serious and include fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
Individuals in close proximity to such persons, or who contact objects that have been contaminated with the virus, are also at risk of illness.
Steps to prevent the spread of germs
- Wash hands often with soap and water. You should spend at least 10-20 seconds washing. More information about proper hand washing is available at cdc.gov/handwashing.
- As much as possible, avoid touching your face — especially your eyes, nose and mouth — with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Flu vaccines are highly recommended, as it is flu season.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available across our campuses, and we are adding more to high-traffic areas to encourage use during flu season.
Symptoms are thought to appear within two to 14 days after exposure. Anyone who has traveled in the past 14 days and is experiencing symptoms should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
Anyone who thinks they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately.