Summer Semester Courses
All Summer 2020 courses will be offered online. More details here.
You will notice two different types of online course offerings:
- Online courses with no meeting times listed in Course Search. These “asynchronous online courses” are self-directed and generally don’t have required meeting times. These are similar to the online classes that LSSC has offered in the past.
- Online courses with meeting days and times listed in Course Search. These “synchronous online courses” will have required online meetings during some or all of the scheduled class times.
Continuing Education and Corporate Training Programs
Continuing Education and Corporate Training courses will continue as scheduled, unless otherwise notified.
Virtual College Services & Resources
We are continuing to expand our virtual services in support of your success as a student. The link below provides details on how you can interact with our campus during this time.
Campus Bookstores on the Leesburg and South Lake campuses will not be open on campus during this time. The Bookstore website (www.lakesumtershop.com) is offering free ground shipping on all orders. The Bookstore will continue to focus on providing textbooks for academic courses.
Textbook Rental Returns
Textbook rentals should be returned using the free shipping label available in your textbook rental account. Please know that you should return the textbook as soon as possible, but you will not be penalized for missing the April 27 due date.
To print your return label:
- Go to lakesumtershop.com
- Sign in using the email address tied to your rental textbook. (if you do not know your password you can reset your password)
- Go to My Account then Rentals then Find your rental
- Click Return by Mail button for your shipping label
Student Emergency Assistance Programs
LSSC is currently offering student emergency assistance programs in response to the significant impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. These programs are available to students enrolled in spring or summer courses and will remain in place as long as they are needed and/or as long as funds are available.
LSSC has several assistance programs available from multiple funding sources. Award decisions and amounts will be made on a case-by-case basis determined by eligibility requirements for specific programs.
View required disclosures from the U.S. Department of Education.
Who can I talk to about the emotional impact of the COVID-19 outbreak?
Mental Health Counseling, including phone counseling, is provided on a temporary basis to all LSSC students who request it through the Student Assistance Program (SAP). LSSC contracts with a local private mental health provider for up to five free counseling sessions.
Emergency Deans: LSSC has mobilized a team of Student Affairs staff as Emergency Deans during times of crisis. These Emergency Deans are available to directly assist individual students who are in distress due to issues related to COVID-19. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate directly with an Emergency Dean for support.
Lakehawk Town Halls
Join College faculty & staff for a virtual town hall meeting on Zoom. We’ll provide important updates related to COVID-19 and answer any questions you may have about remote learning, virtual services, or any other topic on your mind.
We’ll be scheduling another Lakehawk Town Hall soon. Check back here or your email for details.
Previous Town Halls
- March 30 Town Hall Video (no password)
- April 2 Town Hall Video (no password)
- April 10 Town Hall Video (no password)
- April 15 Town Hall Video (password is S2$!v4eH)
- April 29 Town Hall Video (password is 0L=I*ixx)
Student and Employee Personal Travel
Effective immediately, we are asking all members of our College community (students, employees and on-campus partners) to self-report their travel and possible exposure to COVID-19.
Anyone who travels by airplane to any destination, travels out-of-state, travels to a high-risk location identified by the CDC, travels on a cruise ship, or believes they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should report this to LSSC through this online form.
The College will review your information and plan appropriately for any necessary self-isolation periods.