The Honors Program at Lake-Sumter State College allows students to receive all of the perks one would expect from a university honors college for a community college price.
With an innovative, integrated curriculum taught by award-winning faculty, the Honors Program at LSSC will provide students with extensive opportunities to develop deeper learning through research, real-world experience, and engaging extra- and co-curricular activities.
Plus, Honors students qualify for special scholarships from LSSC and the LSSC Foundation.
For more information, please contact the Amber Karlins, Coordinator of the Honors Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Fall 2023
In addition to completing this program-specific application linked below, please make sure to apply to Lake-Sumter State College through the standard admissions application.
Students interested in enrolling the Honors Program starting with the Fall 2023 should complete the Honors Program Application in addition to the standard admissions application.
- Special scholarship opportunities
- Smaller class sizes
- Priority course registration
- Opportunities for guided research with award-winning faculty
- Opportunities for conference attendance and presentation
- Specialized advising for long-term planning
- Cohort-based learning for an increased sense of community
- Special recognition at graduation
- Honors transfer opportunities to UCF, Stetson, and others upon LSSC graduation
In order to be considered for admission to the honors program at LSSC, students must have:
- An unweighted high school GPA of at least 3.5
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, school official, supervisor, or community leader
- Documented evidence of academic achievement and readiness
- Completed and submitted an application to LSSC’s Honors Program, including three essay questions
In addition to the standard transfer agreements in the state of Florida, Honors Program have access to exclusive transfer agreements between Lake-Sumter State College and several universities. These agreements provide admission to the university’s Honors program and access to specific scholarship opportunities. Contact Amber Karlins at email@example.com for more information on these transfer opportunities.
- Direct transfer to Stetson’s Honors Program Experience
- Stetson University will provide scholarships to all qualified students that equal the full cost of tuition and fees, after state and federal aid. Learn more.
University of Central Florida
- Direct transfer to UCF Burnett Honors College