The Health Sciences Collegiate Academy (HSCA) is an accelerated academic program offering Lake County students the opportunity to explore careers in the STEM and health sciences through hands-on activities and early exposure to college courses.
HSCA is a unique partnership among Lake-Sumter State College, South Lake Hospital, Lake County Schools, Montverde Academy, Pinecrest Lakes Academy Middle High, and the University of Central Florida. Students can apply to the four-year program (9-12th grades) or the two-year program (11-12th grades).
- Fast-track program to a college degree
- Experiential, hands-on learning activities
- Hospital observation and job-shadowing opportunities
- Offers in-depth exploration of health care careers
- Students can earn technical certificates
- Students earn college credits toward an associate’s degree
- Credits can transfer to all state college and universities in Florida
- Graduates are guaranteed admission to UCF
- Program is free for LCS students
The Health Sciences Collegiate Academy (HSCA), founded in 2015, is an accelerated academic program that you can only find in Lake County, Florida. Students in the HSCA program have the ability to get real-world experience at local hospitals and take college-level courses focused on STEM to earn an associate’s degree, all while still in high school.
As the demand for jobs in the healthcare field continues to increase in Central Florida and across the country, HSCA offers Lake County students a competitive edge.
“These academic programs are so important for the children of our community. We know that the early exploration of health sciences and college-level science courses for young people will prove a likelihood that they will pursue STEM and medically related degrees and careers.”John Moore, President and CEO of Orlando Health South Lake Hospital
HSCA is a collaboration and partnership among Lake-Sumter State College, Orlando Health South Lake Hospital, Lake County Schools, Montverde Academy, Pinecrest Lakes Academy Middle High, and the University of Central Florida.