Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year. Your FAFSA must be received and processed by the federal processor. You must meet all of the below requirements to receive your Federal Direct loan:
- A separate application is required if you are applying for a Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan. Loan packets are available in the Financial Aid Office.
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note on https://studentloans.gov
- Degree-seeking student
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Select only those courses in
a AAor AS degree or approved certificate program at LSSC. Courses taken outside of those LSSC programs will not be paid for by financial aid.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 6 credit/load hours at Lake-Sumter State College.