LSSC Student Help Desk
If you have any questions or concerns with LSSC technology, please contact our Help Desk by calling (352) 435-6500 during regular business hours.
You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Accessing Student Email
Lake-Sumter State College uses your student email, known as Lakehawk Mail, as the official means of communication
Lakehawk Mail, powered by Microsoft Office 365, is available on the browser and via mobile apps for iOS and Android.
Microsoft Office 365 Install
Microsoft Office is included with your Lakehawk mail account. Your Office download includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others.
To download Microsoft Office, go to this link, log in with your Lakehawk mail account, and choose Install Office.
Lake-Sumter State College uses a single sign-on service to access many of its web services (Canvas, DegreeWorks, etc.). Your username and password is the same you use for your Lakehawk Mail.
You should set up a Self Pass profile to manage your Lakehawk Mail password and keep your account secure.
Self Pass allows you to change your password and reset it if you forget your password.
Having trouble with a feature in Canvas? Help with Canvas is available 24/7 using the Help tab in Canvas or by calling (844) 803-6622.
LOIS PIN Reset
Your PIN is the unique six-digit number that you created the first time you logged into LOIS. For security reasons, all users are prompted to change their PINs the first time that they log on to LOIS. If you have forgotten what this number is, please follow the steps listed below to reset your PIN.
Reset or change PIN:
1. Go to LOIS
2. Type in your X-ID for User ID and then click Forgot PIN?
If you have setup a security question:
3. You will be prompted to answer the original security question that you set up the first time you logged into LOIS. Answer the question and Submit Answer.
4. Type in a new six-digit number for your PIN. You are required to enter your PIN twice.
5. Click Reset PIN to finish the process.
If you have not setup a security question:
3. Check your Lakehawk Mail for your default temporary PIN
4. Return to LOIS and log in with default temporary PIN
5. Once logged in you will be prompted to update your PIN to a different 6 digit number
If you are unable to complete that process, you can contact Admissions at (352) 323-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, X-ID, and date of birth requesting a LOIS PIN reset.