To keep our campuses safe and healthy, Lake-Sumter State College is actively monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state health officials regarding the outbreak of the novel coronavirus and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). As information continues to evolve, LSSC will continue to work with local and state health departments and follow the latest state and federal guidelines.
This site will be updated regularly and provide information on LSSC’s response to this pandemic, as well as updates on how to stay connected with LSSC services and resources.
Lake-Sumter State College is currently operating for in-person services as well as virtual services. Fall semester classes are continuing as scheduled.
(Last updated August 24, 2020)
College Communications & Updates
- LSSC distributes 63,000 pounds of food to students and community on Hunger Action Day
- LSSC announces Return to Campus Plan, new students can still apply
- From LSSC President Sidor: COVID-19 Update and Planning for a Safe Return to Campus
- Food Distribution for LSSC Students on May 21
- All Summer Semester Courses to be offered online
- Emergency Assistance Programs Launch for LSSC Students
- Summer A/AE Course Changes Completed, Will be offered online
- Summer 2020 Course Changes Coming Soon & introducing a new course delivery method
- Article: LSSC continues to respond to COVID-19 pandemic
- LSSC makes difficult decision to postpone Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremonies
COVID-19 Testing Sites
The Florida Department of Health has an interactive map of testing locations across the state of Florida. These testing sites are free.
Respect & Understanding in our Community
Lake-Sumter State College is an inclusive community that respects individuals and diversity. There have been media reports that indicate people of certain ethnicities or those from specific countries or regions have been the target of inappropriate statements and behavior. LSSC will not tolerate stereotyping, discrimination, or harassing behavior, and we expect all members of our community to engage in a manner that is respectful and inclusive.