To keep our campuses safe and healthy, Lake-Sumter State College is actively monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state health officials regarding the outbreak of the novel coronavirus and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). As information continues to evolve, LSSC will continue to work with local and state health departments and follow the latest state and federal guidelines.
This site will be updated regularly and provide information on LSSC’s response to this pandemic, as well as updates on how to stay connected with LSSC services and resources.
Lake-Sumter State College campuses are currently closed and all services are being provided virtually until at least Friday, May 29. Summer semester courses are continuing as scheduled through remote delivery. (Last updated April 30, 2020)
College Communications & Updates
- From LSSC President Sidor: COVID-19 Update and Planning for a Safe Return to Campus
- Food Distribution for LSSC Students on May 21
- All Summer Semester Courses to be offered online
- Emergency Assistance Programs Launch for LSSC Students
- Summer A/AE Course Changes Completed, Will be offered online
- Summer 2020 Course Changes Coming Soon & introducing a new course delivery method
- Article: LSSC continues to respond to COVID-19 pandemic
- LSSC makes difficult decision to postpone Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremonies
- Update on LSSC’s Response to Coronavirus/COVID-19 (March 26)
- Update on LSSC’s response to COVID-19 (March 17)
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Drive Thru Testing Locations
Additional drive thru testing locations are available throughout Lake and Sumter Counties. News 6 has compiled an interactive map of these locations and their hours of operations.
Respect & Understanding in our Community
Lake-Sumter State College is an inclusive community that respects individuals and diversity. There have been media reports that indicate people of certain ethnicities or those from specific countries or regions have been the target of inappropriate statements and behavior. LSSC will not tolerate stereotyping, discrimination, or harassing behavior, and we expect all members of our community to engage in a manner that is respectful and inclusive.