Protect The Nest
As we approach the start of the Fall 2021 semester, we are excited to welcome more students back on campus! We are encouraging everyone to continue to Protect the Nest. To do this, all members of the campus community must take responsibility for their own health and wellness to help protect everyone.
As we transition to fall semester, thank you all for your continued dedication to keeping our campus community safe during this pandemic. Please remember that each of us may have different comfort levels with these changing policies. As we have always done, we must continue to respect each member of our campus community.
Fall Semester Updates
- Use of face masks – Masks are encouraged for students, employees, and visitors to campus
- Classroom Density – Standard classroom capacities
- Campus Services & Offices – Standard capacities, virtual services also available
- Campus Events – No restrictions on campus events following applicable CDC guidelines, externally hosted events reviewed individually
- Travel – No specific restrictions, follow any applicable CDC travel guidelines
Per the CDC’s recommendation, all Lakehawks are encouraged to do their part to Protect the Nest by getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Data from the CDC shows that the vaccination is the best way to protect yourself and others. In general, people are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, (such as the Pfizer or Moderna)
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen)
All individuals are encouraged to review the updated CDC guidance regarding fully vaccinated individuals to understand what precautions may still be in place. No campus vaccine requirement is planned.
Symptom Monitoring & Exposure Reporting
As part of your commitment to Protect the Nest, you should continue to watch for COVID-19 symptoms including a fever greater than 100.4◦F, cough, or shortness of breath. The CDC keeps a full list of symptoms.
LSSC will continue to monitor COVID-19 exposures and positive cases involving students and employees. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in direct contact with a known positive case, or have tested positive for COVID-19, please submit a COVID-19 Exposure Report at www.lssc.edu/covid19report.
This reporting documentation will be required by your instructors for potential flexibility on assignments and deadlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Respect & Understanding in our Community
Lake-Sumter State College is an inclusive community that respects individuals and diversity. There have been media reports that indicate people of certain ethnicities or those from specific countries or regions have been the target of inappropriate statements and behavior. LSSC will not tolerate stereotyping, discrimination, or harassing behavior, and we expect all members of our community to engage in a manner that is respectful and inclusive.