The Business Administration, Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree is a dual-purpose degree for students looking to enter the business workforce. It not only prepares students for a business program at a four-year college or university, it also provides introductory knowledge and skills necessary for students seeking employment or advancement in a business career. Covering topics such as accounting, marketing, management, and economics, this degree is the start of your path to the business world.
- Business Specialist Certificate (12 credits)
- Business Operations Certificate (18 credits)
- Business Management Certificate (24 credits)
Mary Heikkinen Email: HeikkinM@LSSC.EDU
Mary Heikkinen (MS, Organizational Management) has taught at LSSC since 2004 and is the program manager for AS Business Administration and AS Management Technology. Mary successfully ran her own business training companies in computer software and has held management and supervisory positions at Johnson & Johnson, Caterpillar, and Concept, Inc. She lived in Singapore for two years and has traveled internationally to England, Australia, New Zealand, China, and Malaysia.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 60
- Offered Fully Online: No
- Offered Partially Online: Yes
- Program Base Camp: Leesburg and South Lake
- Special Accreditation: None
- Typical Starting Positions: Human Resources Specialist, Business Manager, Finance Specialist
- Starting Salary: $18.53/hr. Data Source
- Job Growth in Area through 2026: 15.4% Data Source