The Business Administration, Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree is a dual-purpose degree for students looking to enter the business workforce. It not only prepares students for a business program at a four-year college or university, it also provides introductory knowledge and skills necessary for students seeking employment or advancement in a business career. Covering topics such as accounting, marketing, management, and economics, this degree is the start of your path to the business world.
- Business Specialist Certificate (12 credits)
- Business Operations Certificate (18 credits)
- Business Management Certificate (24 credits)
Chris Sargent Email: SargentC@LSSC.EDU
Christopher Sargent, DM, PMP, joined LSSC in 2014 as an instructor. He started his IT career at Middlebury College as a lab manager and helpdesk support technician. He later worked for the USDA in tech support, then at the University of Maryland for nearly 14 years as a network administrator and project manager. Chris recently completed a doctorate in management at the University of Maryland Global Campus, writing his dissertation on “addressing student performance gaps in online courses”. He spends his free time with his family at local theme parks, the beach, and watching his New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 60
- Offered Fully Online: No
- Offered Partially Online: Yes
- Program Base Camp: Leesburg and South Lake
- Typical Starting Positions: Human Resources Specialist, Business Manager, Finance Specialist
- Starting Salary: $18.53/hr. Data Source
- Job Growth in Area through 2026: 15.4% Data Source