Applying to Graduate
Students must complete the online graduation application in the semester in which they meet their program requirements. If you will be within 6 hours of your graduation requirements after this semester, you can apply to graduate and participate in the Commencement Ceremony before completing those requirements.
Submitting a Graduation Application
- Log into your LOIS account.
- Select the Student tab.
- Click on the Graduation Application.
- You will submit an application per program. If you are applying to graduate from multiple programs, you will need to submit an application for each.
- If you are a Dual Enrollment student, please submit your application under the program that appears for you which is ND-Dual Enrollment.
- You will also be asked to indicate if you wish to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Continue to check your Lakehawk mail throughout the semester for additional updates on your graduation status and participation in the Commencement Ceremony.
- There is no fee to apply for graduation.
- All official graduation correspondence will be sent your Lakehawk email.
- Degrees and certificates will be mailed out 4-6 weeks after the conferral date.
- If you require official college transcripts, order them online
- Grade Forgiveness – If you wish to improve your GPA or satisfy transfer requirements, retake courses with a “D” or “F” prior to graduating. Once you have been awarded an A.A., A.S., A.A.S., and/or Technical Certificate, grade forgiveness cannot be awarded.
- Students who are within 6 credits of fulfilling their graduation requirements may walk in the ceremony providing they submit a graduation application by the graduation application deadline.
- Degrees are conferred at the end of each semester (fall, spring, summer).
- LSSC holds formal commencement ceremonies at the end of Fall and Spring semester. Participation in commencement exercises does not guarantee the awarding or issuance of a degree. Degree conferral relies solely on the satisfactory completion of all requirements.
- You may check the status of your graduation application through your LOIS account.
- Log in
- Student Tab
- Student Records
- Academic Transcripts
- Click Submit