Finding a job is an important process. Let Career Development Services help you eliminate stress by working with you to plan ahead for your job search.
Schedule a Job Search appointment with a Career Advisor for personalized assistance in creating your job search plan. You can schedule an appointment online through Starfish or by calling (352) 323-3603.
Currently enrolled students can also visit the CDS site on Canvas for extensive information and resources on how to build an effective job search plan.
If you’re looking for a job while you’re in school, Lake-Sumter State College is hiring students. Visit our Student Employment page for more information.
Online Job Search Options
- LSSC’s online career portal, Lakehawk Career Connect
- The EmployFlorida Marketplace from the State of Florida
- Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and other national job boards
Attend Hiring Events
- Community based career fairs throughout the Metro Orlando area, including job fairs hosted by the Central Florida Employment Council
- Hiring events hosted by specific employers – watch their websites
- Events hosted by industry groups or professional organizations
Lake-Sumter State College has no direct affiliation with these job boards or job fair sponsors. These links are being provided as resources only and LSSC makes no claim as to the quality of a job or event posted by third-party groups.