The new Kids’ College Aides in Training (AIT) program will replace the Volunteer Program offered in previous years and will provide additional leadership training and experiences.
Students going into 10th – 12th grades can apply to become an AIT. No experience is necessary; however, an appropriate attitude is required. A limited number of AITs will be selected for each two-week program.
What is the Aides in Training (AIT) program?
A work-oriented volunteer experience, which gives teens the opportunity to assist Kids’ College instructors, staff and students, helping to create a safe and positive atmosphere for the participants. AITs will receive leadership & safety training, conflict resolution, public service hours and more!
AITs may be selected to work Monday through Thursday, 8am – 5pm at any of the Kids’ College dates.
- June 3 – 13 (Leesburg)
- June 17 – 27 (Leesburg)
- July 8 – 18 (Leesburg)
- June 10 – 20 (South Lake/Clermont)
- June 24 – July 3 (South Lake/Clermont)
- July 8 – 18 (South Lake/Clermont)
A $75 fee is required.
- Submit a completed application with two personal recommendations
- If selected, attend an office interview
- Pay the $75 program fee
- Attend the mandatory orientation for AIT for selected campus:
Leesburg: May 30 from 2-4:30pm at LSSC Magnolia Room
South Lake: June 7 from 1:30-4pm at LSSC/Cooper Memorial Library 108