Lake-Sumter State College (LSSC) has signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement.
LSSC has received $6,788,094.00 million in emergency grant funding that will be directly allocated to students in need. This money comes from the federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) in the CARES Act and is intended to help cover expenses that students may have incurred as the direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
LSSC estimates that 3,100 students at the institution would be eligible to receive HEERF funds.
As of March 31, 2023, Lake-Sumter State College has awarded a total amount of $6,786,866.00 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to 6,905 students.
As of January 31, 2021, all fund available under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act have been distributed to students and grants are no longer available.
As of July 31, 2021, all funds available under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act have been distributed to students and grants are no longer available.
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reports submitted to the U.S. Department of Education are provided below.
- Q3 2020 – ending 9/30/2020
- Q4 2020 – ending 12/31/2020
- Q1 2021 – ending 3/31/2021
- Q2 2021 – ending 6/30/2021
- Q3 2021 – ending 9/30/2021
- Q4 2021 – ending 12/31/2021
- Q1 2022 – ending 3/30/2022
- Q2 2022 – ending 6/30/2022
- Q3 2022 – ending 9/30/2022
- Q4 2022 – ending 12/31/2022
- Q1 2023 – ending 3/31/2023
- Q2 2023 – ending 6/30/2023
More details about how this program works at Lake-Sumter State College and eligibility for funds is available at Student Emergency Assistance Programs page.