Welcome Orlando Health employees!
We’re excited to welcome you the Lakehawk community! Thanks to our new partnership, all Orlando Health employees can enroll in degree-seeking programs and certificates at LSSC for no out-of-pocket costs! This page is dedicated to helping you successfully enroll at LSSC and receive your reimbursements from Orlando Health.
If you have any questions during your enrollment process, please contact our Enrollment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Enrollment
1. Review available programs or certificates and deadlines
Review our academic programs to learn more about the best fit for you. If you would like assistance with choosing an academic program that fits for your career goals, you can request more information and a staff member from LSSC will contact you to help you decide and answer any questions you may have.
You can also attend a Lakehawk Preview event to learn more about the College prior to application. All participants of a Lakehawk Preview will have their $30 admissions application fee waived.
Review the Academic Calendar for the application and other deadlines for the semester you’re planning to enroll.
2. Apply for admission to Lake-Sumter State College
Once you know what program you’re interested in, complete your online Admissions Application.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – strongly encouraged but not required
The FAFSA is a free and easy application for federal student aid and opens other scholarship opportunities at LSSC. Complete your FAFSA online and contact a Financial Aid specialist for assistance if you have any questions.
4. Review your LSSC X-ID and log into myLSSC
Typically, your admissions application will be reviewed and processed within 3 business days. You will receive an email with information after your application is processed. This email will include your LSSC X-ID, which is an 8-digit number after an X – X00000000). This email will also contain information on how to log into your Lakehawk account for the first time (you’ll also need your X-ID).
This information will also be sent by mail.
5. Submit Florida Residency
Florida Residency is required to receive your benefits from Orlando Health. Submit your residency verification online to receive in-state status. All students are classified as “out-of-state” residents at the time of admission and must submit documentation to verify compliance.
6. Send your previous official transcripts to LSSC
An official transcript from each college or university that an applicant previously attended (including dual-enrollment) is required in addition to the LSSC application, as is a final, official high school or GED transcript. Detailed information on how to submit your transcripts is available here.
7. Complete New Student Advising & Registration (if required for your student type)
After receiving your acceptance email/letter, first time in college students can sign up for a New Student Advising & Registration Session. This session is required prior to registering for classes. Transfer students are encouraged, but not required, to complete a session. Register for a session online.
8. Register for classes
Remember to review the Academic Calendar for fee payment and other deadlines for the semester you just registered for classes.
9. Order Books from the LSSC Bookstore
- Lake-Sumter State College Bookstore (In-Person Purchase): Bring your schedule with your student X-ID and your driver’s license to the Bookstore. Inform the bookstore you are eligible for this program. EdAssist will pay the Bookstore directly for eligible book expenses.
- Purchase Online (Leesburg & Sumter Campus based courses): Search the site LakeSumterShop.com using your X-ID or your specific course code (CRN). Add your books to the bag and proceed checkout. Fill out your contact information, preferred delivery method (in-store pickup or delivery), and then proceed to the payment method. In the “Financial aid/scholarship” selection put in your X-ID. From the list of opened accounts under Pay With This, select “Orlando Health” and complete your checkout.
- Purchase Online (South Lake Campus based courses): Search the site LSSC-ClermontShop.com using your X-ID or your specific course code (CRN). Add your books to the bag and proceed checkout. Fill out your contact information, preferred delivery method (in-store pickup or delivery), and then proceed to the payment method. In the “Financial aid/scholarship” selection put in your X-ID. From the list of opened accounts under Pay With This, select “Orlando Health” and complete your checkout.
If you choose to purchase books elsewhere, there is an option to add another expense in EdAssist to receive reimbursement through the Orlando Health payroll process.
10. Submit an application in the Orlando Health EdAssist portal for tuition, fees & books
Once you have registered for classes, go to the Orlando Health EdAssist site to submit information to cover your LSSC expenses.
- Go to Orlando Health/Bright Horizons EdAssist Solutions page
- Click on “Lake-Sumter State College Preferred Education“
- Confirm Steps 1, 2, and 3 on the dashboard
- In Step 4, click on the yellow box for “Apply” and follow the prompts
- Electronically sign and submit your application for approval
Team members will be required to provide the following information: your assigned & accurate Student ID (X-ID), course start and end dates, course names, and cost of tuition and books.
If you have questions about this process, use the EdAssist support options within the portal.
This information should be submitted no later than two weeks before the start date of your class.