Students who are registered as transient students at Lake-Sumter State College (LSSC) are not eligible to receive financial aid at LSSC; however, students can receive assistance at their home institution. You should check with the Financial Aid Office at your home institution to find out the procedure to receive aid for classes you are taking at LSSC. Classes registered at LSSC should be paid by the student by the fee payment deadline for that term.

LSSC students who are taking classes at another institution as transient students for credit toward their degree at LSSC should follow the following steps to receive financial aid for the transient coursework.  

  1. Get prior permission to take transient coursework by filling out the Transient Student Form from (select “Take a course at another school”). 
  2. Register and pay for coursework at the transient institution 
  3. Turn in paid receipt and class schedule to the LSSC Financial Aid Office 
  4. Once the consortium agreement has gone through the approval process, the student’s aid will be adjusted accordingly.  
  5. At the end of the term in which a student is taking transient coursework, LSSC must receive an official transcript in order to award aid for the next term of enrollment.  

Please note: No consortium agreements will be processed until after the Lake-Sumter State College add/drop period is over each term. A student must be enrolled in at least 6 hours at LSSC in order to qualify for a student loan at LSSC.