How to Apply for Dual Enrollment
- Current registration with the Lake or Sumter County School District
- Students must be classified as 6th-12th grade.
- College credit: 3.0 unweighted high school GPA or Career certificate: 2.0 unweighted GPA.
- Qualifying Test Scores: In accordance with State Board of Education Rule 6A-10.0315, students must successfully complete all sections of a common placement test, through scores on a single test or combination of tests, and meet all college ready cut score requirements as a prerequisite to Dual Enrollment eligibility and participation. LSSC accepts the highest test scores on any of the tests or combination of tests identified in the table below.
Steps to Enrollment
1. First Steps
Talk to you High School Counselor
During your meeting, your Counselor will provide you with the following:
- The link to the Dual Enrollment online application
- A copy of your GPA verification
- A copy of your qualifying test scores
- High School Counselor Approval Form
2. After You’ve Been Accepted
Activate your Lakehawk email account
Your student email account is how LSSC will communicate with you regarding important updates and information related to being a student.
Activate your student email account here
Attend New Student Orientation
Complete the Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) new student orientation program.
Register for orientation
Students with a 504 or IEP
If you have a 504 or IEP, please contact Student Accessibility Services. At Lake-Sumter State College, we are committed to working with students with disabilities to provide academic accommodations in making Lake-Sumter State College equal access, equal opportunity institution.
3. What’s Next?
Have classes approved
Meeting with your High School Counselor prior to the first fee payment deadline to get your classes electronically approved. Failure to have classes approve could result in students being dropped from their classes.
If you decide to make a change to your schedule, you are required to do so via your myLSSC account and repeat the process by visiting your HS counselor and getting your courses approved electronically by the posted fee payment deadline.
Get your Books
Private School Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks. We encourage students to use the Lake-Sumter State College Bookstore.
Textbook approval process
Once your Dual Enrollment classes have been approved by your High School Counselor and the LSSC staff you will receive an email directing you to pick up your textbooks.
Changes to your schedule
If you decide to make a change to your schedule, you are required to do so via your myLSSC account and repeat the process by visiting your HS counselor and getting your courses approved electronically by the posted fee payment deadline. Once your new class is approved by your HS counselor and LSSC, you will receive a new email notifying you that your textbooks are ready to be picked up.