We are proud to serve those who have served! As you pursue your goals, the VA Certifying Official and the VA Academic Advisor are here to assist you in receiving and using your educational benefits.
Our goal is to provide educational benefit services to eligible veterans, dependents, national guardsmen, and reservists enrolled at LSSC. As a way to honor veterans, priority registration is given to anyone using educational benefits once the first semester is completed. The Leesburg campus has a designated lounge for veterans. The Clermont campus will open a similar lounge by summer 2018.
Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
Chapter 31: Vocational Rehab
Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
Chapter 35: Dependents/Survivor
Chapter 1606: Ed. Assistance – Selected Reserve
Let’s Get Started!
- Complete the LSSC Application to become a student. Returning students: see Admissions and Records for a paper application,
- Submit an official transcript from your high school and from any schools attended after high school ASAP. In addition, all veterans must submit a military service transcript.
- Order a free transcript through JOINT Services Transcripts (JST)
Order an Air Force transcript
- View the LSSC Veteran Educational Benefits Policies
- Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility Meet with LSSC’s VA Certifying Official to get started with required VA paperwork. Contact information is below.
- Attend the new student orientation, SOAR, if you are a first time in college student.
- Make an appointment to meet with the VA Academic Advisor to develop an academic plan and discuss first semester courses. Make an advising appointment
LSSC’s designated VA Certifying Official and Academic Advisor are located on the Leesburg Campus, Student Services building.
VA Certifying Official
– Get your VA benefits started
– Navigate through the enrollment process
– Transfer VA benefits from another school
VA Academic Advisor
– Develop an Academic Plan for your degree
– Help you stay on track with program courses
– Seek out academic and community resources
We inspire confidence through every interaction to empower lives and build futures by providing a caring and supportive learning environment.”