- Each vehicle to be driven/parked on Lake-Sumter State College property by any student, faculty, or staff member must have a valid parking decal.
- Parking decals become invalid once a student is no longer enrolled or when employment has terminated.
Parking Decal Application
LSSC students, faculty and staff may obtain parking decal free of charge.
Please have the following information at hand when completing the application: X-ID, requester’s driver’s license, and vehicle registration.
Temporary Parking Decals
A temporary parking permit should be obtained from the Security office by students, faculty, or staff who are temporarily operating a different vehicle than their registered/declared vehicle.
Student Parking are designated by yellow cement wheel stops. All students parking on campus must display a valid parking decal. Students may utilize Faculty and Staff parking spaces Monday-Friday after 5:00 pm and weekends without penalty.
Visitor parking designated by green cement wheel stops and / or signs. No permit required Visitors may utilize Faculty and Staff parking spaces Monday-Friday after 5:00 pm and weekends without penalty.
Faculty and Staff parking are designated by white cement wheel stops or signage. Spaces reserved for Faculty and Staff 7:00 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday. Faculty and staff may park in student space if all Faculty and Staff spaces are filled. Faculty and staff may not park in visitor spaces.
Accessible Parking are designated by blue cement wheel stops, blue parking space lines, and blue signs. Accessible parking spaces designated for the use of persons with physical disabilities, either temporary or permanent. Accessible Parking are Required to be displayed either accessible parking placard or license plate.
Motorcycle parking are available on the Leesburg Campus in front of the Liberal Arts building, east end of the accessible parking spaces, and the S. Lake Campus between Building 1 and the Cooper Memorial Library. Motorcycles require a valid parking decal.
Reserved parking are designated by red lines and/or signage; these spaces are assigned for use by specific vehicles and are reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Vehicles must be parked within the lines marking the parking space with the tires against the cement wheel stop.
- Vehicles are not permitted to be backed into parking spaces.
- Parking in any of the following areas is prohibited: in a fire lane, within an intersection or crosswalk, in front of a driveway or sidewalk, on any grass, paths or sidewalks, in such a manner as to block or obstruct traffic, at any place where signage or markings prohibit parking, in a reserved space or area, in accessible parking spaces without displaying proper placard/license plate
- No vehicle should be parked overnight on campus without notifying Campus Security. Any vehicle parked on campus for 24 hours or more without proper notification may be removed from campus and stored at the expense of the owner/operator.
- Bicycles may be operated in parking lots, roadways and on designated bike paths.
- Bicycles should be parked at bicycle racks and locked when not in use.
- No skateboards, inline skates, or hoverboards may be used on campus.
Moving Traffic Rules
- Violators of traffic regulations will be referred to the appropriate law enforcement agency for action.
- Campus roads Speed Limit is 20 mph
- Parking lots Speed Limit is 10 mph
- Every vehicle shall come to a complete stop for a stop sign and shall ensure it is safe to proceed before resuming movement.
- All vehicles are required to yield right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- No vehicles are permitted to drive on campus recklessly, carelessly, or in willful to wanton disregard for the rights and safety of others and property.
The College reserves the right to revoke parking privileges and/or remove from campus, at the owner’s expense, any vehicle associated with excessive violation of parking/traffic regulations.
- Unauthorized use of accessible parking space $100.00
- No parking decal $ 25.00
- All other infractions $10.00
- Any person receiving a parking violation must pay the associated fine within ten (10) business days of the issue date of the violation. Fines not paid or appealed within ten (10) days may result in a hold being placed on the student’s account. The student will not be allowed to register for classes or receive any academic documentation until the outstanding fine(s) is paid.
- Payment of fines may be done in person at any LSSC campus Cashier’s Window, on-line at www.LSSC.edu or by mail.
- Checks/Money Orders should be made payable to Lake-Sumter State College. Payments by mail should be sent to:
Business Affairs Office
Lake-Sumter State College
9501 US Highway 441
Leesburg, FL 34788
- Faculty, staff or students receiving a parking ticket for failing to display a parking decal may bring their ticket to any Campus Security office within five (5) business days of ticket issuance, complete the necessary application and be issued a parking decal in lieu of paying a fine. The ticket will be voided, unless there are additional violations involved. Additional violations will still be the responsibility of the vehicle operator.
At the beginning of each academic semester, there will be a two week period, beginning with the first day of classes, when written warnings will be issued for all parking violations.
In order to appeal a parking violation (fine), you must fill out a Parking Violation Appeal form within ten (10) business days of receipt of the violation to the Director of Campus Safety, and bring it to the Leesburg Campus Safety Office. An appeal form may be completed at any Campus Safety office.
A complete explanation of the circumstances leading to the violation and justification for the appeal must be included. Failure to submit the appeal within the ten (10) day limit will result in an automatic denial of any appeal. Ignorance of campus parking and traffic rules is not considered valid grounds for an appeal. A lack of parking spaces close to a particular building is not considered valid grounds for an appeal. The Director of Campus Safety has ten (10) business days from the date of receipt of the appeal to review the appeal and issue a decision. The individual making the appeal will be notified in writing of the decision.
Partners and vendors of Lake-Sumter State College need to obtain a parking decal when parking on campus. Visit any Campus Safety office with your vehicle registration and request a parking decal.