- Title IX Training
- Title IX Team
- Lake-Sumter State College has designated a Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Coordinators, whose responsibility it is to oversee the College’s compliance with Title IX. This team’s responsibilities include coordinating the investigation of and response to sex discrimination complaints, responding to inquiries concerning Title IX, tracking incidents and trends involving sexual misconduct, coordinating equity in athletics compliance, publicizing LSSC’s procedure and providing training on preventing sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence.
- If you have a complaint involving sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual violence, or if you have questions about LSSC’s policies or procedures in these areas, please contact one of the Title IX Coordinators or Deputy Coordinators.
- LSSC Student Assistance Program (External Confidential Resource)
- Five free sessions of mental health counseling available to currently enrolled students.
- LSSC Employee Assistance Program (External Confidential Resource)
- Available to current full-time employees of LSSC
Local Law Enforcement Contacts
- Lake County Sheriff
Non-emergency number (352) 342-2101, Emergency number 9-1-1
See the Lake County Sheriff’s Office website for more information.
- Sumter County Sheriff
Non-emergency number (352) 569-1600, Emergency number 9-1-1
See the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office website for more information
- Leesburg Police
Non-emergency number (352) 787-2121, Emergency number 9-1-1
See the Leesburg Police website for more information
- Clermont Police
Non-emergency number (352) 394-5588, Emergency number 9-1-1
See the Clermont Police website for more information
Community Victim Support Resources
- Victim Service Center of Central Florida
Available to all members of the Central Florida community
- Haven of Lake and Sumter Counties, Inc.
Services: 24-hour hotline, information and referral, crisis intervention, advocacy and accompaniment: general, medical and legal, support groups, therapy: individual, group and secondary victims, prevention education and training, victim survivor follow-up, shelter and emergency financial assistance.
- Florida Attorney General’s Division of Victim Services
- Lake County Community Resource Guide
- Arnette House
Emergency youth shelter, family counseling services to Marion, Lake, Sumter, Citrus & Hernando Counties
- Community Legal Services – Tel: 386-255-6573
- Counseling Corner – Tel: 407-843-4968
- Lake County Sheriff Victim Advocate – Tel: 352-343-9683
- US Attorneys Victim/Witness Assistance
- National Suicide Hotline Info – Tel: 1-800-273-8255